Our Privacy Promise
Overboard is a business to business company that offers a technology platform to clients seeking to recruit highly-skilled individuals.
We never sell or broker protected or personally-identifiable information.
If you browse our website, we use Google Analytics to understand to improve the quality and relevance of the content on our website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information).
Privacy Promise Details --
1. Our Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information when you voluntarily submit information to us or visit our websites.
Personal Information You Provide
We collect the personal information you provide in connection with our Services in the following ways:
● Registration and Forms. If you register for our Services or otherwise provide information to us through any paper or electronic applications or other forms, we will collect your name and email address and possibly other demographic information.
● Communications. If you correspond with us about our Services, either through the website, or via phone, email or in-person, we collect your name, contact information, information about your company and account, and any other information you choose to provide to us.
● Job Applications. If you apply for a job with Company, we will collect your name, contact information, demographic information, education and work history, work eligibility information and any other information you choose to provide. Eligible candidates may be asked to undergo a background check or other screening measures, which are facilitated by our third-party partners.
Information We Collect Online Automatically.
As is true of most digital platforms, we collect certain personal information automatically when you visit our website, including:
2. Our Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect:
● Communications. To contact you, such as in response to your inquiries, comments or orders, to provide technical or administrative support or to let you know about new products, Services or offers.
● Personalization. To remember you and provide personalized content, information and user experiences.
● Analyze and Improve Services. To monitor, enhance, and improve our Services, track our website usage, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service.
● For any other lawful, legitimate business purpose.
3. Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose personal information in the following ways:
● Service Providers. We disclose personal information with our third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, which may include hosting services, administrative or business management services, analytics services, technology services (including web and mobile platforms, and email communications providers and data storage providers).
● Business Transaction or Reorganization. If Company or some or all of our assets are acquired or otherwise transferred, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, the personal information of our users may be transferred to or acquired by a third party.
● Legal Obligations and Rights. We may disclose personal information to third-parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement to:
o satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoena/court order, legal process or other government request;
o enforce our Terms of Service, including the investigation of potential violations thereof;
o investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations;
o protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Company, our users or the public as required or permitted by law; and
o detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal (including fraud), security or technical issues.
● Consent. We may disclose personal information about you to certain other third-parties, including publicly, with your consent. For example, if you post comments on our public blog, we share the information you provide, such as your name and the content you post, with the general public.
4. Children's Personal Information
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Control Over Your Personal Information
You have some choices regarding how we use your personal information, including the following:
● Communications Preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
6. Region-Specific Disclosures
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
California has also adopted the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), which took effect at the beginning of 2020. We comply with the requirements of the CCPA to the extent they apply to us.
If you are a California resident and we qualify as a “business” under the terms of that law, you will have the following rights:
● You have the right to request that we disclose the categories and the specific items of Data about you that we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell and that Data about you that we have collected, used, disclosed, and/or sold during the 12 months prior to your request.
● You also have the right to have the Data we collect about you deleted. We use a two-step process to verify your identity and to have the information deleted. Your rights to have Data deleted are subject to several exceptions, specifically the Data that is necessary for us to:
o provide you a good or service;
o protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
o fix our system in the case of a bug;
o protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
o comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
o comply with a legal obligation; or
o make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
● We have listed the specific and general categories of information we have collected, disclosed, or sold in the last 12 months in the section above entitled “Data We Collect and How We Use It.”
● We do not sell your Data.
● To make any request under the CCPA, you must complete the Data Request Form found on the CCPA Data Request page on this website. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, which means that we will not take any action to hurt or punish you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Individuals Located in the EEA
For employees and other authorized users operating in their role as administrators or users of our services, our lawful basis is the legitimate interest we have in providing the services to their employer.
The GDPR also requires us to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the security of Data relating to residents of Europe. We make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the privacy and security of the Data of our European visitors and customers, and we are happy to give you a complete description of our most current efforts, if you will write to us at email@example.com. You may also write to us at that address to communicate with our data protection officer.
7. Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
The Services may contain links to and from third-party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites and our users may post links to third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third-party sites.
The security of your Data is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Data in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Data that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Data to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
10. Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date at the top of the Policy and will post the updated Policy on this page. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by email to your registered email address, by prominent posting on this website or our online services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
11. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at or by writing to us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
693 S 45 E
Vineyard, UT 84509-5549